Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Nero Made Men #1 By: Sarah Brianne

Nero
Made Men #1
By: Sarah Brianne
Released June 27th, 2014



Blurb

Nero is the king of Legacy Prep, living a life of power.
Elle is the school’s punching bag, living a life of fear.
The only good girls Nero knows jump in his bed when he tells them to.
The closest Elle has come to a bad boy like him is in the cafeteria line.
The mob boss gave him orders to find out what she knows.
Her mouth is sealed.
I just want to be a fucking made man.
I’m just a fucking waitress.

My review
Three Stars
Received for an honest review
First, I have to confess that I usually stay away from Young Adult because after reading "Beautiful Disaster" I find that every story is the same.  But something about "Nero" seemed different.  Elle is young lady in high school (feel like a grandma calling her "young lady". :)  She is not popular and is bullied by the "mean girls" or "popular" girls.  Her and her friend Chloe live in daily fear that Cassandra - the queen bee of the mean girls will bother them.  Cassandra is very nasty and mean.  Elle and Chloe are good friends and they always protect each other.  Elle works in a restaurant after school as a waitress and she feels embarrassed by this.  Apparently, all the kids in her school drive Lamborghini's etc... a BMW is considered a poor persons car.  Elle's home life is also not the best. Her father lost the ability to walk and sometimes over medicates himself. Her mom and Elle work in order to provide for the loss of his income.

So, I thought the story was cute.  If I were a teenager I would of completely liked this book and the hero-Nero.  Nero is the popular, good-looking, has it all popular guy that all the girls want.  He takes an interest in Elle and they form a relationship.  So now that I'm older and wiser I did take pause to some of their relationship issues BUT if I were a teenager I would of loved them as a couple and would of completely loved this book! That is why I gave it a three star. A YA audience would enjoy this book, as I did. It was just harder to relate for me.  I worked in high school and really so did most of my friends... so being looked down upon or looking down on people because they worked was a big stretch.  Overall, this was a cute book and I enjoyed it.  



Buy Links

Author Bio
Hey! My name is Sarah Brianne and after living for twenty-two years the characters in my head told me enough was enough and I have finally put pen to paper (or is it finger to keyboard?) to tell their stories. Since I was a little girl I have watched every chick flick I could get my hands on, then when I became older I discovered a whole new world of romance novels. To me there is nothing better then a tale of true love and those are the stories that have inspired me to write. Like everything else in my life I have put my own spin on two lovers destined to be together.
Next to my books my prized possession are my two beautiful fur babies, Kalypso and Khaleesi. I know what you’re thinking, do you pack them in your purse? Yep, right next to my kindle.
Please feel free to message me here,

Author Links
July 28th- Storm Goddess Book Reviews- Rev/Ch Int
(Stop 2) Christine's Blog- Rev/Exc
(Stop 3) Trina's Tantilising Tidbits- Promo

July 29th- Renee Entress's Blog- Rev/Exc
(Stop 2) Book Club Sisters-P/Exc
(Stop 3) Girl Meets Books- Ch Int/Exc
(Stop 4) Craves the Angst- P/Exc
(Stop 5) Red Cheeks Reads- Rev/P

July 30th- In Between the Lines- Rev/P
(Stop 2) Books Like Breathing- Rev/P
(Stop 3) Lustful Literature- Rev/P
(Stop 4) Scandalous Book Blog- P/Rev/Exc

July 31st- Booknerd- Rev/P
(Stop 2) Paola's Bookshelf.- P/Exc
(Stop 4) Confessions of 2 Book Lovers- Rev/Exc

Aug 1st- Racing to Read- Rev/P
(Stop 3) Crystal Blogs Books- Rev/P
(Stop 4) Summer's Book Blog- Rev/P
(Stop 5) Kris & Vik Book Therapy Cafe- P/Ch Int





No comments:

Post a Comment

Callum by Sawyer Bennett!

New Release from Sawyer Bennett Callum (Pittsburgh Titans, Book #12) Synopsis: Callum Derringer was hired by the Pittsburgh Titans ...